Friday, April 22, 2011

Cycling Shoes

I recently invested in a new pair of road shoes. My old pair I used for about three seasons and they really never fit correctly. I used to have to pull the straps super tight to get them to fit just ok. The carbon sole began to separate and it was time for some new white Pear Izumi's. I didn't realize the importance that the proper shoe ( and fit ) could make. After just three rides I notice a super huge difference in power and control. I feel like I am In much more command of the bicycle. It really rounded out my comfort level. Not to mention the super increase of power especially out of the saddle. Also the proper cleat placement is crucial. If you have not checked your cleat position I suggest you do so. Even if your cleats were originally installed correctly they may have shifted over time. Your local bike shop professional can help you with a cleat retrofit I'm sure. I finally feel like I'm dialed in on the road bike. I ride a 2006 Fuji Team RC full carbon frameset,  10 speed Dura-Ace front and rear with FSA carbon crank and mavic cosmic elite wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment